James Renihan has written a fantastic book on English Particular Baptist Ecclesiology, from 1675-1705*.
In it, on page 55, he reviews Benjamin Keach’s list of church members’ responsibilities to the pastor and to one another. They are as follows.
To the pastor:
- reverential esteem
- vindication from the reproaches of opponents
- information, i.e. going to him in times of trouble
- adequate financial support
- adherence in times of trials
- attendance at meetings called by the pastor
To one another:
- submission to the church as a whole
- peace, unity, and sweet accord
- willingness to follow the Scriptural process of settling offenses
- impartiality in the exercise of discipline
*Edification and Beauty: The Practical Ecclesiology of the English Particular Baptists, 1675-1705